Company retreats might frighten those who have to organize, and worry those who must attend. “Required Fun”, some call it, especially when the typical Great Wall visit involves this:
But what if you headed to hidden parts of the Great Wall, serene and rugged sections nestled into the hills? It turns a ho-hum company retreat into an amazing day of hiking, team building, and a feast in a local Chinese village.
Last Friday was our first-ever full team company retreat where we took a day off work and spent the day:
1) Getting to know two unfamiliar faces
•Apple, our new China Customer Relationship Manager. Welcome to Vericant, Apple!
2) Getting a macro-level view of what guides our company to deliver our best, from high on the wall! Vericant’s Guiding Principles cover a diverse range of topics, like procedures, time management, and working habits.
3) Discovering each other’s hidden talents, skills, and other facts through a Vericant Trivia played throughout the day.
Highlights about the Vericant Team include:
• Diving with dolphins at Beijing’s Aquarium
• A 38″ vertical in high school
• Living in Costa Rica for a year
• Waking up at 7am every morning to play badminton
• Being charged at by a bull elephant
4) Lastly, we headed back to town to take advantage of a foot massage to rest our weary legs.
Have you had any memorable team excursions? Any suggestions for our next one?