Join Vericant as a Senior Python Software Engineer
We are looking for a Python Web Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application; therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
Vericant is a fast growing ed-tech startup company bringing modern technology to the English testing market. We are changing the industry using our cloud-based language assessment platform, video production and delivery technology, and scalable interview infrastructure. We are a community of data-driven colleagues who have effective relationships with many satisfied clients, and we are constantly striving to better serve internal and external stakeholders.
If you like working in a small elite team, using Python and Django, and building awesome stuff that clients actually use, come join us.
Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
Provide general support to project team in a manner complementary to the company
Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
Implementation of security and data protection
Integration of data storage solutions, primarily MySQL and PostGRE
- 3 years or more of Python experience
- Proficient oral and written communications skills
- Collaborates well in a team environment
- Sensitive to clients’ needs, can develop warm relationships with colleagues
- Expert in Python, with knowledge of at least one Python web framework (Django is recommended, Flask is also acceptable, etc.)
- Familiarity with some ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries
- Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding of the threading limitations of Python, and multi-process architecture
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages Jinja 2, Mako, etc.
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Familiarity with event-driven programming in Python
- Understanding of the differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, specifically Git and Github
- Understanding of Django Behave, Selenium, or similar automated testing frameworks
- Proficiency in Mandarin
Qualified candidates should submit a résumé, a formal cover letter that outlines where you first heard about the position, and three references. Applications missing any of these components will not be considered. Send application materials via e-mail (as PDF attachments) to firstname.lastname@example.org.